Friday, May 11, 2012

Film Festivals

It feels as if at some point every town with a film projector and some spare money in the budget has hosted a film festival.  I had to limit what festivals I included otherwise I would have never gotten this site off the ground.  I have transcribed the Best Film winners from the five festivals that seem to have the largest impact on movie lovers and critics.  I realize this is completely subjective on my part.  If you feel there is an egregious omission, please let me know.

The Festivals I have included are Berlinale, Cannes, Sundance, Tiff, and Venice.  All but Sundance have two tabs at the bottom for separate chronological and alphabetical lists of the Best Film winners.  Sundance has separate chronological tabs for the Grand Jury and Audience awards for domestic and foreign films, as well as a combined tab to bring them all together alphabetically.

These are links to the spreadsheets.  By clicking on them you will be able to view/download the ones you want.  For all of these, by placing a “1” in the “Seen?” column to indicate you have seen the film you will get a running total and percentage at the bottom of the sheet.

Please note that the “Year” column in all of these sheets indicates the year the film won, not necessarily the year the film was released.



If you see any mistakes, typos, etc., or have suggestions on how to improve these tracking sheets, please let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment